2016 icam Regional Symposium Sydney
About the Symposium
The icam symposium 2016 for Australasia will run from 9am-5pm on the 13th of October and from 9am-5pm on the 14th of October. The institute has arranged for a few viewing tours of Sydney based architectural collections over the course of the two days. A public talk capped off the symposium on the 14th, from 4-5.30pm on Friday the 14th of October.
Thursday, 13th of October:
- Caroline Simpson Library and Research Collection
- State Library of NSW - Architectural drawings collection, visit to the stacks and digitisation workshops
- Peddle Thorp & Walker (PTW) - 127 years of practice
Friday, 14th of October:
- City of Sydney Council, City Archives - Recent digitisation efforts of 15,000 shelf-metres of council archival records.
- Candalepas Associates - Archiving in an architectural practice, office introduction and tour.
- BVN - Office new digital workflows, archives and file access and management.
- Public lecture at Tusculum:
- Noni Boyd (Heritage Officer, NSW AIA Chapter): icam overview, and introduction to online resources
- Andrew Nimmo (Lahz Nimmo Architects - Documenting 20 years of an architectural practice (LNXX)
- Joanne Mihelcic (RMIT Design Archive, Melbourne) - Current work at the RMIT design archive
- Kevin Liu (David Boyle Architect) - Introducing the NSW AIA Chapter collections, recent work on architectureinaustralia.com.au and an overview of the international icam conferences and members institutions.
- Wrap up discussion in foyer