About the organisation
icam Australasia is a regional network of the International Confederation of Architectural Museums (icam). It is an organisation of members dedicated to fostering links between all those interested in promoting a better understanding of architecture. For more details on the international organisation, visit icam-web.org.
The organisation objectives include:
- Preserve the architectural record
- Raise the quality and protection of the built environment
- Foster the study of architectural history in the interest of future practice
- Stimulate the public appreciation of architecture
- Promote the exchange of information and professional expertise.
Members of icam Australasia include representatives of Australasian institutions – universities, libraries, museums and archives – holding collections of architectural, design and allied records, members of the professional body, the Australian Institute of Architects (AIA), and archivists associated with architectural practices. The members met most recently at the 2016 icam regional symposium, held in Sydney on the 13th and 14th of October.
To get in contact or request a login, please email the administrator.
Each year the regional group holds a 2 day symposium of talks, tours and discussions in a nominated city.